Star Wars: Apocalypse
NPCs and Gangs
NPCs suffer damage differently than PCs do, but that damage can scale according to how “hard,” skilled, trained or just plain dangerous the NPC is. For reference:
When an ordinary NPC suffers…
- 1-damage: cosmetic damage, pain, concussion, fear
- 2-damage: wounds, unconsciousness, bad pain, broken bones, shock, likely fatal
- 3-damage: 50-50 immediately fatal, otherwise terrible wounds, shock, death soon
- 4-damage: usually immediately fatal, sometimes mangled and ruined, waiting to die
- 5-damage and more: fatal and bodily destructive
When a “lieutenant”-grade NPC suffers damage, reduce the damage by 1 on the scale above for purposes of consequences only.
When a “captain”-grade NPC suffers damage, reduce the damage by 2 on the scale above for purposes of consequences only.
If a move indicates, you have a squad or gang of about a dozen hardened folks. By default: 2-harm gang small 0-armor, and choose 2:
- Your gang consists of two dozen hardened folks. Medium instead of small
- Your gang is well armed.
- Your gang has combat armor.
- Your gang has access to specialized weaponry. Add 1 tag from the basic weapon list
- Your gang is self-sufficient.
And choose 1:
- Your gang is ill-supplied,
- Your gang is a pack of violent thugs.
- Your gang is loose-knit, with members coming and going as they choose.
- Your gang owes a significant debt to someone powerful.
- Your gang is lax about security and likes to drink and brag.
- Your gang is composed of members of a marginalized group.
- Your gang uses a lot of incidental tech.
If you advance your gang, either gain a new option from the first list, or remove the option from the second list.